The Story of Brewster Chipptooth
When Brewster leaves his pirate crew behind and decides he's setting off to do some good in the world, finding a legendary treasure that nobody else has been able to lay hands on might be a bit of a reach for a first-time do-gooder in this silly, short point-and-click title from Carmel Games.Read More
Leave a comment [top of page]
I think, if you spend your dubloons in the wrong order, you can end up in an unwinnable situation?
I bought the paint and the boat rental before the legs. Found myself unable to distract the vulture. Walkthrough was no help. Perhaps I missed something?
I did indeed miss something. Ahem.
Yeah, I think a lot of people had that happen to them...
...because one collectible item doesn't appear until after you've done something seemingly unrelated.
Yes, it *seems* like it's possible to get into an unwinnable situation, but it actually isn't, because getting the last doubloon does not depend on how you spend your other doubloons. You just need to do a little bit of backtracking, because things change after you do stuff.
Very sketchy walkthrough:
1. Docks - talk to everyone.
2. Village - get map piece #1, talk to people, then go into the saloon.
3. Saloon - talk to bartender; get doubloon, empty rum bottle, map piece #2, and cream cheese.
4. Graveyard - use doubloon in vending machine; note phone number for complaints.
5. Cave under graveyard - talk to person, note color of parrot in painting, get pearl #1 and a cracker from the skeleton, and map piece #3 from the wooden crate.
6. Saloon - get rag that has appeared on the bar. Use the phone to complain about vending machine. Follow the tech support guy's instructions to get 2 freshly minted doubloons.
7. Graveyard - use the rag on the skeleton with the bottomless rum bottle. Combine the rag and the rum bottle. Combine the cracker and the cheese.
8. Docks - use the rum bottle on the pirate captain; get a doubloon. Use the cracker on the parrot.
9. Village - buy some red paint and whatever the prosthetic guy is selling. Use the paint on the parrot.
10. Cave - use the parrot on the guy, then use the zombie foot on the vulture.
11. Docks - rent a boat. Solve the map puzzle.
12. Island - light the hollow peg leg using the fire. Use the rat on the hollow tree trunk. Get pearl #2 from the pie.
13. Graveyard - put the pearls into the holes in the door. Put the peg leg into the square hole. Use the torch on the doorway.
14. Fort - solve the puzzle.