Link Dump Friday
It's Link Dump Friday: Kitchen Sink Edition! Why kitchen sink? Because that's practically the only thing we've left out of this weeks article. Seven game in all, almost twice the usual dose, and they range from hamster slingshots to soul-searching cursors to brain teasers.
- Flight of the Hamster - Hamsters line up. Hamsters jump. You pull the pillow back and send them flying. See how far you can blast and pilot flying hamsters in this Cartoon Network take on Nanaca † Crash.
- Bluep - From Hero Interactive comes a quirky little hopping/shooting arcade game that feels like the confused child of Super Mario Bros., Grid Wars, and Asteroids. Move your ship around the screen, firing with the mouse button and jumping with the [spacebar]. The goal is to destroy the guns that appear around the edges of the screen.
- Heist - An isometric action/adventure game where you play the "best thief ever" trying to steal the World Diamond. Plant explosive charges, search lockers, and avoid the building's security systems.
- Soul Search - A painfully difficult game of "avoid the walls with your cursor", but the setting and presentation are so interesting, it's worth the chunks of missing head hair.
- Bricks - Match-3 games are about as new and interesting as a ham and cheese sandwich, but Bricks manages to add a few spicy condiments to the mix for a slightly refreshing puzzle experience. The goal is, of course, to make groups of three or more like-colors. The catch is that clicking on a square causes it to adopt the adjacent color the arrow points to. In about three seconds you'll get the hang of it, but it's still strangely compelling.
- Music in Motion - Another stab at integrating music into the gaming experience, Music in Motion is a great concept title that blends action and techno beats into a very interesting package. Each stage featured blocks that fall/appear in time with the music. All you have to do is avoid getting squished.
- 25 Boxes - A short brainteaser-type game where you use peripheral vision to find shapes and click their corresponding blank tiles. It's short and not very difficult, but fun for a round or two.
- JIG Poker Night - is every Saturday! (oh yes, it is!). Check this page each week for time of day (usually 4PM Eastern). The winner each week qualifies for a championship tournament on May 17th where we'll give away an iPod Nano and a Nintendo DS!! So, join us won't you?