Link Dump Friday
Take heart, good people! For August has arrived, and that means we're halfway to Christmas, with stops along the way for such awesome holidays as Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the month-long street celebration that is my birthday. (In Canada, there are figure flattering floats, parades, and costumed Doras that hand out Reeses Pieces... and then snatch them back and eat them in front of you.) To celebrate this milestone, this week's Link Dump Friday is... exactly the same as any other! Which means it's full of awesome little games made by talented developers! Yaaaaaay, consistency! It's the gift that keeps on giving... literally!
- Flur - In Ninja Kiwi's latest, you play as a lovely young student at Beauxbaton Academy where you are chosen to represent at the Triwizard Tou... what? Oh. OH. Flur, not Fleur. Well, that changes things! In this arcade game you play a beautiful glowing fairy collecting orbs of light so you can go compete in the Triwizard TOH FINE... glowing orbs of light so you can collect more glowing orbs of light, only faster and shinier. Sounds like a good evening to me!
- Ectology - I ain't afraid of no ghost, and you won't be either after you play this haunt hunting game. You job is to track down glowing orbs and other supernatural beings in various spooky locations, and then absorb them for study without killing them... somehow? I mean... how does that even work? You can't kill something that's already dead unless your last name is Summers or Hellsing, right? Man, this is some heavy metaphysical stuff... I think I need to go lie down...
- Intruded - Playing this strange little... sneaky... adventure... avoidance... ish... type game kind of reminds me of playing early Resident Evil games way back on the PSOne, in that the camera hates you and wants you to die. Navigate yourself through a tricky environment where your only point of view comes from the security cameras that track your every move and delight in your disorientation. If you think walking a straight line along a wooden plank is tough, wait til you get to the room with the swingy camera and disappearing floor. I dunno about you dudes, but if this is the sort of thing thieves put up with, you can count me out. Guess I'm not cut out for intruded-ing.
- Grey - I'm grey aba-dee-aba-die... what, isn't that how it goes? In this artsy platformer you play a blocky little fellow who must explore his monochrome environment looking for colourful items to bring back to his curiously emotionally distant girlfriend, as well as brightening the world in the process. You know us ladeez, always with the bling bling, amirite?! Now get out there and bring me back a whole buttload of diamonds!
- Cuboy Hot Pants - Hey good lookin'! Whatcha got cookin'?... oh, whoa, that's your pants I smell burning? Well, guess I shouldn't have expected any less from Cuboy, who it seems this time is racing down a rocky (cube-y) slope ahead of lava in this arcade game, trying to avoid being burnt to cinders. It's highscore arcade action, starring everyone's favourite blockhead... assuming you're not a Peanuts fan, of course.