Link Dump Friday
It's that time again! Yes, that day of the week where you make us homemade cards telling us how wonderful we are in prose and send us muffin baskets themed like... oh. Wait. That's tomorrow! How silly of me. Today is Link Dump Friday, where we show our appreciation for you with a snack pack of new games to start your weekend off right. Because we care. We care so much, there's a bonus game this week, we don't even mind if you forget our muffin baskets. (Although, I am awfully fond of carrot spice... hint, hint.)
- Cargo Bridge: X-Mas Level Pack - If you felt the original Cargo Bridge needed to be about twelve levels longer and prominently feature a nervous looking reindeer, rejoice! It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas, and it's never too early for building flimsy structures designed to send tiny workmen plummeting to their doom in the most hilarious fashion possible. Well, at least, that's how I play it.
- HiRoads - Inspired by ye olde Sky Roads (... e), here's a 3D platform game where you guide a ball through a series of levels resembling the bonus stage in an old Sonic game. While the game features 27 levels, registering for a free account gets you access to the level editor and every level your fellow players have made. If cars aren't your thing, and you instead pretended to be a small round ball when you were running around your yard as a child, then this is the game for you. Weirdo.
- Fly Squirrel Fly - We know what you're thinking. "Not another one of those games where you buy upgrades and fly as far to the right as you can!" Well the joke's on you, sucker! Because this is a game where you buy upgrades and fly as far to the left as you can! It also features squirrels and the unreasonable flinging about thereof. So, you know, there's that.
- R.I.F.T. - Remember that scene in Star Wars where Luke had to appease Jabba by bringing him deliciously fattening bakery treats?... or was that just a dream I had after eating one too many pixie stix?... huh. Either way, this physics puzzle platformer is a lot like that, only with more robots and less repulsive alien beings. A slightly sloppy collision detection engine makes for bumpy going, but it's cute as the proverbial button.
- Beastie Burgers - With gameplay undoubtedly inspired by Order Up!, slick graphics and audio, and an off-beat sense of humour, Beastie Burger combines the joys of time management with the satisfaction of cooking for customers who don't appreciate a single thing you do and would just as soon eat your face off. (Just like real life!) While not without its issues, and falling prey to repetitiveness, it's still an enjoyable diversion. Just as long as you don't mind hairs in your burgers.
- Sketcharoo! - Bonus Game! Because this online version of Pictionary relies on actually finding another player online, and because they ask that only those 21 and over participate, it didn't seem right to bump another game off the list for it. Also, we might crush the servers with the mighty hammer of our community. Hopefully, you, our dearly beloved audience, will be able to find each other in the sea that is the internets to play against each other. Sadly, I likely won't be joining you since everything I draw winds up being the same thing. "Misshapen stick creature bemoaning its tortured existence."