Link Dump Friday
Everybody loves combinations. Would you rather eat a peanut butter sandwich? Or would you rather put some jelly on that baby and really go to town? Mmmm. Mmmm. Yeah, you're diggin' it. We can tell. Everything is better with a partner, and so this week at Jay is Games we've brought you only the finest in unholy unions represented here for you in glorious gaming format. Because we couldn't figure out a way to actually send you a fantastical conglomeration of penguin-ninja-UFO that wouldn't result in having to explain ourselves to the proper authorities. Which reminds me. If anyone asks, we were at your place last night, okay? No, no reason.
- Must Pop Words - Bart Bonte and word puzzles. Hmm, maybe not that unusual. How about... with a penguin?! Are your minds sufficiently blown now? We hope not, because you've got to type words out of the falling balloons before they reach the top of the screen and something unpleasant happens! Like maybe JIG gets taken over by a flock of angry penguin. Probably not. But maybe.
- Ninjufo - Holy unlikely plot device, JIG Fans! He was just your ordinary ninja, until the bite of a radioactive UFO turned him into your friendly neighbourhood... Ninjufo! But with great shurikens, there must also come stealth gameplay, and so Ninjufo will need to infiltrate the evil alien base and make off with fifty cases of secret evidence. It is nature's way.
- Dig Droid - Robots and manual labor may not seem unusual... until you remember that robots are typically intent on being our iron-fisted overlords! No, Jay, let go! I won't be silenced any longer! They have to help stop the menace! They have to keep this little droid busy digging a path through Mars in this puzzle game or he'll enslave us all!
- Kinpira - ... what? You think there's something suspicious about this little Mario-esque game about tiny samurai children and massive property damage, don't you? There certainly aren't any subliminal messages hidden in the sinisterly catchy music, if that's what you're implying!!... oh, you weren't implying that? Uh, nevermind. No, relax, enjoy the game. (JIGISTHEBESTLOVEJIGJIGJIG)
- Semantic Wars - There is nothing strange about combining Hangman with medieval warfare. No, don't try to change my mind. Guessing themed words to earn money to deploy troops and losing money when you miss a letter? That's how they do it in the real world, my friend! Sheesh, crack a newspaper sometime. No, not that one, this one I just printed up. Yeah, all the facts in there are straight. Especially the one about the new cotton candy tax.