Link Dump Friday
Welcome to December, beloved reader! I know, I know. It's been December for a few days now. But everyone knows it's not really December until you get your first seasonal Link Dump Friday! What makes it seasonal? Glad you asked, friend! Why, it's nothing but the best in ghosts, spaceships, monsters, and more for you! No, no, best not to question the "why"s, since the answers most likely consist of "Because Dora is strange". Instead, just sit back, relax, and let the awesome commence.
.... aaaaaaaany second now...
- Scamper Ghost - Hungry for the days of yore, dear reader? Well, provided your yore-days centered around avoidance games and Pac-Man, this should scratch that itch nicely. While the lack of any real progression or new developments past a certain point may mean it won't hold a spot in your heart long term, Scamper Ghost is fast and furious while it lasts, probably just long enough to get you in trouble with your boss if you play it at work.
- Droppy - [Warning: Contains imagery some may find insensitive or offensive.] Continuing the recent trend of "game characters who can't do anything for themselves", Droppy needs you to help alleviate his discomfort in various scenarios. Fast, friendly, and... uh... fffffffcute, the point-and-click style puzzles aren't likely to stymie you for very long, but it makes a nice, low-calorie snack whenever you can fit it into your day.
- Shadowreign - Alas, monsters! Offering click-and-slash style gameplay right in your browser, this one might not appeal to you if grinding is something that makes your toes curl and your teeth stand on end and sends shivers down your spine and makes you write overly long sentences to drive home a point. If you do have that sort of patience and enjoy the application of pain to monsters' faces, then you'll probably enjoy this one for a good chunk of your day.
- Red Fluxion - Holy space explosion, Batman! While it doesn't do anything new, this is a solidly enjoyable shooter with ridiculously large bosses, upgrades, more bullets than you can (verb) a (noun) at, and every sound effect is voiced by Tim Curry. ... okay, so I made that last one up. But I can dream, can't I?!
- Hippie Phuzzle - Basically, Saunavihta with hippies and aliens. ... yeeeeee-up. It doesn't offer anything really new, but if you're hungry for physics puzzles, then this may satisfy. Although, mind you, it is a bit insensitive to the hippie-alien plight. Remind me to send you some literature about that.