Link Dump Friday
Naming your pet can be a difficult decision. Do you go with something cute like Fuzzy, Furface, or Mittens? Or maybe something average and unassuming like Cat or Dog? Just yesterday I met someone with a pet rabbit called Tundra, which I declare to be the most awesome rabbit name ever.
- Shaper - A puzzle game whose closest relative would be the tangram. The goal is to connect shapes at their joints to reach from the start point to the end goal. You can't overlap any of the red dots, but shapes can be rotated using the [arrow] keys or mouse wheel. Very interesting!
- Apple Kabopple - Oh, what a cute little turtle that is! In case you thought the intro paragraph was a total non sequitur, consider this a tie-in: the turtle who stars in this game is named Torti. Awesome pet name? I think so! Anyway, Apple Kabopple is a simple arcade game where you drop apples into the basket on Torti's back. Try and chain them together for bonus points.
- PicPie Puzzler - A slick jigsaw-esque game where you assemble pieces of a picture that have been cut into slices of a pie. The visuals and sound effects are one of the game's strong points, and both were created by Arseniy Desrosiers of Gamebalance. Oh, and the first level? OMGKITTIEZ!
- Drift - You play a swimmey little dolphiney/fish thing that can latch onto points to pull itself through the stage. Let go early to allow momentum to carry you around, but watch out for... well, all the things you should watch out for (red danger spots, darkness, etc.). Reminds me of the pull stars from Super Mario Galaxy.
- Powergolf - A simple physics-based golf game from Bloons creator Ninjakiwi. Just choose your angle, select the power and let the clubs swing. You can also play like me and just whack the ball as hard as you can and see how much trouble you can get yourself into. Your choice!