Link Dump Friday №47
Happy February! The shortest month on the calendar happens to be quite special in 2008: it's a leap year! So from now until December 31, every time you see a Link Dump Friday on this website, you must leap. Not jump, not bound, not bounce nor hurdle or even canter. Leap. After all, each of these games is worth at least a tiny leap, right?
- One Man Band - Another great musical webtoy by Luke Whittaker, creator of Sound Factory. One Man Band lets you put on a show by dragging and dropping instruments on the screen and starting sound loops. You can either create a surprisingly catchy tune or throw reason out the window and make a racket. Your choice.
- Olla Podrida - A new take on the old jigsaw puzzle theme, this time with a little touch of pseudo-surrealism. Drag the pieces with the mouse and use the arrow keys to rotate, all in the name of fitting the pictures together. It's much harder than you think to solve, but it's so much fun at the same time.
- Multiball Madness - It's Breakout, but with a sudden-death-style twist. Blocks slowly descend from the top of the screen. You must clear them with three bouncing balls and a paddle. Keep them in play long enough to earn extra balls. Fortunately the overly simple presentation doesn't detract from the raw interestingness of the gameplay.
- Flip It - A simple puzzle game where you must match the mirror image using spinning tiles at the top of the screen. Sounds easier than it looks. (Or, looks easier than it sounds?)
- JIG Poker Night - will make you smile (oh yes, it will!) every Saturday. Check this page each week for time of day (usually 4PM Eastern). Then make sure you're there in the JIG poker lounge because the tournament starts right away, and you can't join after it has started. The winner each week qualifies for a championship tournament in the spring where we'll give away an iPod Nano and a Nintendo DS!! Don't miss it!