Link Dump Friday №32
Whew! After rolling out tons of amazing competition entries over the last two weeks, it's time to take a little breather to see what the rest of the casually-oriented internet has been up to. A small sampling of what we found: a pair of racing cacti, a prawn on ice, exploding cats, aliens fighting humans, and a guy reading a newspaper. In other words, business as usual!
- Off the Rails - Another release from Nitrome, the studio behind Skywire and Hot Air 2, Off the Rails is really about staying on the rails as you race across the tracks pumping the keyboard as fast as you can. It's a simple racer with the usual Nitrome style of visuals and presentation.
- Portal: The Flash Version - Holy copyright infringement, Batman! Just days after Valve released the physics-bending game Portal, intrepid designers at We Create Stuff have turned it into a 2D puzzle/platformer. An impressively accurate depiction of the game that's fun in its own right, even if you haven't wrapped your head around its big brother.
- 5 Differences - At first it seems like yet another bland "What's different between these two pictures?" games, but then you realize it's got a little more oomph thanks to a slick design and dynamic images that change as you find the differences.
- The Visitor - A great looking game that blends Hapland-type gameplay with a point-and-click adventure. Help a worm-like space visitor work its way to and through the house by clicking on objects to see what they do. Interesting twist: you grow larger by... well, you'll see. May be a little too graphic for kids due to some depictions of violence.
- Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy - A free roaming space RPG that puts you in the role of Humans or Aliens as you battle your way across the galaxy, completing missions and upgrading ships along the way. You even battle against other people in the multiplayer sectors of the game. Starfighter may seem a bit too complex for most casual gamers, so be sure to read the instructions before diving in.
- Prawn to be Wild: Chapter 2 - Another quirky clicker that borrows the Hapland-style of gameplay, Prawn to be Wild charges you with the task of rescuing the little shrimp from the certain status of a meal.
- Rebound - Set fences and adjust their angle to bounce the happy little ball to the goal.