Link Dump Friday №223
WEEOOOOO! What's that? Why, it's the sound the Internet Police make, and unfortunately for you, they know all about that thing you did that one time! (And frankly, we are shocked and appalled but also slightly intrigued.) Do not pass "GO", do not collect your weekly Link Dump games, go directly to Monday. I'm serious, now. Don't click those games, they're not for you! Wh... HEY. NO. BAD. I said NO. Oooohhh, you're gonna be so mad at yourself when you go to Internet Court. The judge is the U MAD guy, and the jury is just twelve of the Caramelldansen girls... let's see how cute and catchy you think it is after fourteen hours, buddy.
- Droid Assault - These aren't the droids you're looking for... unless the droids you're looking for are in an arena shooter, in which case they're totally right here! Indulge in a little fast-paced pew-pew-pew action as you blast your mechanical brethren to smithereens and then cannibalize (... robotilize?) them for scrap to upgrade yourself. It's like if Buffalo Bill lived in the Star Wars galaxy! It puts the gears on its chassis or else it gets the EMP again...
- Mr Strange and the Core - Fans of floppy, skinny teddy-bears... unite! Mr Strange, who is apparently a gentleman, needs to solve a series of physics puzzle sliding mazes in order to escape from a mad scientist's lair. Because, you know, that's the sort of thing mad scientists do when they don't even have any ill-tempered sea bass laying around, which is kind of sad when you think about it. Aw.
- The Pied Piper of Hamelin - Minoto puts a signature point-and-click puzzle spin on the classic tale of rats and pipes, and the little lads who love them. You'll need to figure out how to save all the mice being menaced by various predicaments in order to proceed, and it's all done in wonderful, typical, surreal Minoto fashion. It's funny that I can't think of this without remembering that one jerk in Black and White who totally used to run off with all the village's children, but I suppose that was probably a better fate than being eaten by a giant, ill-behaved mystical cow.
- Bazooki: A Silent Affair - Twirl your mustache and don your ironic monocle for this easy yet stylish physics projectile puzzle. Just make sure you do it quietly, since this is all old-timey and whatnot, and we don't have noise back in the day... just black cards with sound effects written on them we'd hold up to communicate. It was like Hush, but nowhere near as terrifying. Tru fax, yo,
- Mia's Happy Day - Hamumu's latest platformer is all about an adorable puppy having a good time performing stunts for high scores. The dedication is a little bit heartbreaking, but I'm sure any dog would be happy being able to frolic, leap, dig, wall-climb, and backflip for all eternity. You can also grind along telephone wires, which makes me wonder if Mia has been taking lessons from Cole MacGrath, in which case I look forward to the level where she has to save Zeke from himself again.