Link Dump Friday №208
Rise and shine, dearest readers! It's another fabulous day, and Link Dump Friday is here to be the awesome precursor to your awesome weekend. If I sound like I'm in a good mood, well... I am! The sun is shining, tiny squares are meeting a painful fate over and over again, robots everywhere are joining hands in fellowship, invaders are being blown up, and, somewhere, one cat is getting his paws on some well deserved cow juice. If none of that makes sense to you, then you haven't checked out these games yet! What are you waiting for?
- Infinite Tower RPG - RPGs get a lot of flack these days, but usually when people say they "practically play themselves", they don't really mean it. Well... until now, anyway. More of a webtoy than a game, this simple little ditty asks you to just handle distributing stats upon level up and managing your hero's upgrades as he stabs his way through an infinite number of enemies, over and over and over and over. The game will basically play itself, so you can let it run in another tab and click over when the stabbing sounds stop to allocate points. (This is how Jay hands out paychecks every month. It's also why I have all these scars. I'm tenacious.)
- Space is Key - Grease is the word, but apparently the [spacebar] is the key in this fast-paced, frustrating and addictive little arcade game where the goal is simply to make it from one side of the screen to the other. Easier said than done since your brave little square avatar is apparently made of spun sugar and will shatter into a billion pixels if it even gets within breathing distance of an obstacle. The farther you go, the trickier things get, adding traps, tunnels, gaps, and triggers to contend with along with the sense that the developer is just rocking back and forth on his heels, giggling like a maniac at how often you fail.
- Robo-Sockets - Is there anything more heartwarming than joining hands with your fellow man? This cute arcade game that combines Tetris with match-3 gameplay has you trying to link chains of robots together to share energy by stacking them so that their hands interlock. There's a bit too much unpredictability to really allow you to strategize here, especially with the crates and transforming thingamabobber, but it's a cute way to while away the minutes while you're waiting for the next work order for our cruel mechanical overlords.
- Milk Quest - Cats are awesome. Of course mine are the best, but they're all pretty great. That's why I know you'll want to do all you can to help the kitten in this cute, simple little point-and-click puzzle adventure game. He's all out of milk, you see, and it's up to you to guide him through a series of surreal obstacles on his way to the "Milk Treasure". Being that he's a cat, he'll probably reward you with a pile of vomit in the middle of the night that you won't discover until it's all cold and congealed the next morning and you're walking around barefoot. But, hey. That's Cat for "I love, or at least tolerate you."
- Particle Wars Extreme - Is there anything not improved by a frenzy mode? Seriously, the next time you're brushing your teeth, scream "FRENZY!" and just start thrashing toothpaste everywhere. I guarantee you'll have more fun, or at least get your significant other to cast suspicious glances your way for the next week or two. Invoking classic Space Invaders gameplay and shooter action, Particle Wars Extreme is all about racking up points and combos in the flashiest (frenziest) manner possible. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go do the laundry while frenzied. And then probably clean up a whole load of detergent afterwards.
- Angry Birds Flash - Although it prominently features birds (familiar angry ones) there's something fishy about the origins of this flash game,
so play it while you can— game has been taken down per the copyright holder's request. If you live under a rock/on the moon/in a rabbit hutch/in the small town in the butt-end of nowhere I grew up in, let me clue you in on the Angry Birds phenomenon; the goal in this little physics puzzle is to hurl your limited supply of birds at the pigs on the far side of the screen, trying to demolish all of them before you run out of fowl fodder. While this flash demo is not in English, we like to think the language of bodily hurling tiny kamikaze birds at self-important green pigs is universal. Alllllll we are saaaaaaying... is giiiiiiive peaaaace a chaaaance... or, you know, use birds to solve conflicts. Either way.