Bouncy, outgoing website full of great reviews and free content seeks amazingly talented reader to play games and be Best Friends Forever with. Qualified applicants must be willing to enjoy free games cherry-picked from around the web... and if you have your own ponies we could ride together along the beach at sunset it might sweeten the pot a little. Must smell nice and have awesome hair. (Or a very shiny bald head.) Apply below.
- Puzzling War - WAR. Huah! (Good gawd, y'all!) What is it good for? Absolutely nothin' except dispatching troops in fantasy warfare via a match-3 system not unlike Bejeweled! SAY IT AGAIN!... uh, maybe not. That's kind of a mouthful. Although not nearly as fleshed out as it really needs to be, there's something addictive about this Corpse Craft-ish take on the genre. If only the graphics weren't so small and fuzzy. Ah well. Once more, for old time's sake? WAAAAAARRRR! You can't beat the classics.
- Tiny Massive Galaxy - Here we have a simple, cute little platform game where you play a little jelly cube hopping around obstacles and exploring. While it has a polished design, however, the levels just don't have enough variation or excitement to get you really engaged. It's also potentially nightmarish, if you really think about it. I mean, here you are, the hero, hopping through a candy-cotton fluff of a world to twinkly music... and you're ripping the hearts out of your own kind with your tongue to survive. That has to be a Stephen King story.
- Momentum - A little bit Portal and a little bit My First Quantum Translocator, this puzzle/platformer game puts you in the sprockets of a tiny little robot running experiments. Running and jumping is easy for you, but how about harnessing the power of your own momentum to make huge leaps? It's adorable and fun once you get the hang of it, but you might feel a bit as if the controls are fighting you the whole way there. It's kind of like assembling Ikea furniture, only without the shoddy bookcase as a reward for completion.
- Three Little Cats - So I hear you like
mudkipsescape games. From Choko-Chai comes this adorable little spin on the Three Little Pigs where you (as three cats, or Nyan as the game calls them) have to escape from three different houses to avoid the Big Bad Wolf. It's silly, sweet, and quite possibly one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time. You might find the navigation a little tricky in some places due to some unfortunate pixel hunting, but this should be a nice chunk of puzzling to keep you escape fiends busy... for now. (DUN DUN DUN.)
- Radio Zed - The dead walk, and they crave braaaaaaaaaains, delicious bloated on free speech and educated by public radio braaaaaaaaains! In this defense shooter game you play a group of people trying to defend a radio station during a zombie invasion. It's got gorgeous retro-ish visuals and should be a lot of fun, but unfortunately is bogged down with slow gameplay and terrible marksmanship. It's kind of like that one movie with Ving Rhames and Mena Suvari and... my gosh I've seen a lot of awful zombie movies.