Link Dump Friday
If you're like me, it's time for a distraction from Mario Kart Wii. This week's collection of Link Dump Friday games successfully stole me from kart steering just long enough to allow me to drive a real car without reaching for my stack of turtle shells in the back seat...
- Floaty Light - Did you enjoy Nitrome's Hot Air games? Ha, trick question! Of course you did! Floaty Light is a similar affair involving a bubble, an arrow, a goal, and pokey sharp things you must avoid. Plus, everything is lavender and white, which is very soothing to look at.
- Roku - A rather large (15MB) implementation of two puzzle games based on cellular automata written in Processing. Roku's modes play like your typical "lights out"-type game or a matching puzzle title where you hop from hexagon to hexagon. The full description goes into a lot more detail.
- Ultimate Online Checkers - Almost true to its name, Ultimate Online Checkers presents a pleasing interface complete with multiplayer support and even a few game-changing power-ups. As you capture pieces you earn cash that can be spent to king checkers, destroy, or even buy new pieces. A subtle twist on an old game makes it fun all over again, and the single player computer opponents are surprisingly tough.
- Comboll - Control the bouncey ball with the [arrow] keys and try to keep it on the moving platforms. Score extra points for stringing together combos of the same color!
- Seascape - Explore underwater levels in search of treasure and solve a few simple puzzles along the way. Features some adventure-style gameplay along with hidden object finding and some photography for bonus cash.