JIG reader Josh recently pointed us to a flash version of the old raft puzzle everyone played back in grade school. The simple idea is that a group of people must cross a river using a small raft. Unfortunately not everyone gets along and there are certain rules that must be followed in order to get everyone across safely.
The group consists of a woman and two girls, a man and two boys, and a policeman with a thief. If you leave certain people alone with others, trouble will ensue. For example, the thief will only behave if the policeman is on the same bank.
The complete rules are as follows:
- A maximum of two people can be on the raft at a time.
- One adult must be on the raft to operate it.
- The man cannot be with any of the girls without the woman present.
- Conversely, the woman can't stay with the boys without the man there.
- The thief must be with the policeman or be alone.
It's a simple brain teaser with an enjoyable presentation. The game is in Chinese, but the only text is on the opening screen. Click the big circle to start playing. And good luck.