Link Dump Friday №95
The first Link Dump Friday of 2009 also happens to set another impressive record: the first intro paragraph on JayIsGames to contain the word "bacon"! Remember this moment, as you will no doubt wish to tell your grandchildren where you were when this monumentally important event transpired!
- Fall - A simple but interesting puzzle game that requires some fast thinking. A phantom shape slowly descends onto the grid of shapes at the center of the screen. By sliding pieces in the center, try to put the matching shape where the phantom piece will land.
- Mixel - A tiny but cute platformer where you play a big-eyed kitty who collects coins and grabs keys to progress to the next level. Surprisingly difficult, even on easy mode.
- Flubber Rise - From the creator of Oroboros comes a simple arcade game of timing and reflexes. Bounce the ball of flubber into the sky by clicking on it, and each time you fall, try to destroy as much as you can!
- Mytheria - It's a card-based strategy game! Yay! Your goal is to eliminate the opponent by bringing his or her life total to zero. Do so by drawing and casting combat cards much like a simplified version of Magic: The Gathering.
- Frantic - Your standard vertical shooter, only this one's a bit more n00b friendly. Choose a control scheme and start blasting ships, nabbing power-ups as they appear in the wreckage. A little slow-paced at first, but things pick up soon enough.
- Jewel Lines - A very nice clone of Lines complete with level goals, 3 difficulty levels, and appealing graphics and sound effects. It's even highly accessible, as it doesn't rely solely on color perception to tell the jewels apart. And it even tastes like bacon!