Link Dump Friday №45
Accompanying this Link Dump Friday is a highly unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out what is wrong? It looks so ordinary that you would think nothing was wrong with it at all. In fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you study it and think about it you may find out, but I am not going to assist you. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it, it will dawn on you.
- Light People on Fire - No, it's not a suggestion, it's the name of the game, and it probably isn't as bad as you think. Cheery stick figures run back and forth across the screen. It's your job to burst into flames and set them on fire. And when a rain cloud comes along, simply transform into a tree to turn its dousing water into a growth tonic!
- Metro Siberia Underground - A vector-based flying game where the only key used is the [spacebar] that increases your upwards thrust. Avoid smashing into the landscape as you zoom by the stark environments. Comes complete with falling spikes, quasi-futuristic buildings, and passageways that transform before your eyes.
- Grenade Spin - Physics + grenades = game! A mini-game of sorts from Flash developer Komix, you control a grenade launcher/wheel by spinning the mouse to move through the terrain. Launch and detonate grenades to destroy enemies or push yourself through difficult areas.
- Random 3D episode 1 - Another short one from Komix, Random 3D puts you in control of a crab-like creature in a 3D world. The simple goal is to push balls into the hole as quickly as you can.
- Planet Protector - Obviously inspired by the highly stylistic games Red and Orange, Planet Protector is a simple shooter that puts you in charge of protecting an entire planet. Rotate around the orb using the [A] and [D] keys and aim/fire using the mouse. Push rocks and other planet away with your gun and grab power-ups whenever you can!
- Bombsquad - An interesting little twist on a dropping-tiles puzzle game, Bombsquad gives you a cannon and a supply of timed explosives to launch in the air. Take aim and fire with just enough power for the bomb to detonate and destroy the on-screen diamonds.
- JIG Poker Night - JIG Poker Night is back (oh yes, it is!) every Saturday. So grab your chips and a chair and join us every weekend for some classic Texas Hold'em poker fun in our own private Triplejack lounge. The winner each week qualifies for a championship tournament in the spring where we'll give away an iPod Nano and a Nintendo DS!!