Link Dump Friday №44
What an odd combination of games this week. Both Bloons and StormWinds get a little tune-up with more levels and refined game mechanics respectively, while everyone else gets to enjoy some RPG-style carnage in Paladin, exploration in Key to Adventure, or some artistic splendor in ritMika. Make Bouncy Bouncy has an odd title, but the gameplay is strangely satisfying, and it's a great-looking game to boot.
- Key to Adventure - With a main character and setting hinting at Cave Story inspiration, Key to Adventure drops you in a dark cavern and tasks you with finding a key to exit each level. The fun part is you must use the mouse to guide your electric friend through narrow passageways to hit switches so you can move through the stage.
- Paladin - A hack-n-slash sidescrolling action game built around a fantasy RPG core, Paladin puts you in control of a knight who makes short work of every foe in his path. The gameplay isn't exactly balanced, nor is the leveling system, but the music and visuals are just dramatic enough to hold your attention for a while.
- ritMika - From the makers of Menulis and Miestas, ritMika is an interactive music video/game that utilizes rotoscopic animation and light click-based gameplay.
- Make Bouncy Bouncy - A free online demo for a more robust downloadable game, Make Bouncy Bouncy utilizes the same Unity plugin that drives When Orcs Attack to create a gorgeously colorful 3D world. The simple goal of the game is to bounce a cube across the stage without touching the ground and without bouncing on one platform twice. The comicbook-style sound effect words are a nice touch.
- StormWinds 1.5 - The latest update of the action/RPG/tower defense game StormWinds adds a ton of improvements, all spurred by player feedback. Previous version previously reviewed here.
- Bloons Player Pack 3 - For those of us who can't get enough Bloons, Ninjakiwi has just released the third compilation pack of player-created levels for all to enjoy. With fifty new stages to enjoy, it seems the balloon popping will never end.