Link Dump Friday №43
It's the first Link Dump Friday of 2008! *confetti emoticon*!!! To celebrate we're dancing to random pop music and knocking each other off a perilous cliff with a baseball, all while journeying through an abstract world of random objects throwing pies.
- Limitless Possibilities - Created to promote the University of Salford, Limitless Possibilities is an adorably abstract point-and-click game in the vein of Samorost. Move the character (named Curious) through each stage by clicking objects on the screen. Not every action/outcome will make sense (did that coin just fall out of the polar bear's nose?), but with a little experimenting you'll easily push through the handful of levels.
- Beat Dat - Similar to the Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (Elite Beat Agents) game for the Nintendo DS, Beat Dat is a rhythm-based action game where you must click orbs in time with the music. As the circles fly by, click them just when the outer color meets the inner border. The closer your click, the better your score.
- Gan-Tan - Every culture has its own traditions to ring in the new year. Japan is no different. Gan Tan is a point-and-click room escape game incorporating many Japanese new years items and customs in the game. If you're not careful, you might learn something. You have been warned.
- Bomb Chain - A puzzle game of things going boom and chain reactions makes for a happy gamer. Bombs explode to adjacent or diagonal squares (indicated by the icon on their face). The goal is to arrange everything so one explosion triggers the destruction of everything on the screen. You can even stack bombs on top of each other for a wider blast radius.
- Zwingo - A physics-based game where you use the mouse to swing a ball to protect the center orb from evil black balls. If the big orb slides out of bounds, you lose, which is quite the opposite of what you want to do. Upgrade your stats between levels and work your way through a fistful of stages and boss battles.
- Power Swing - Is it one-dimensional Pong, or a one-button fighting game? Either way, Power Swing is an odd concept where the goal is to knock the other player off the screen by batting a baseball back and forth. Hold the button to do a power swing, and time your moves for unique pitches. Best of all, it's two players, so bring your little brother to the keyboard for some fun.
- JIG Poker Night - In case you haven't heard, JIG Poker Night is back(!) every Saturday. So grab your chips and a chair and join us every weekend for some classic Texas Hold'em poker fun in our own private Triplejack lounge. The winner each week qualifies for a championship tournament in the spring where we'll give away an iPod Nano and a Nintendo DS!!