Link Dump Friday №224
Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? You stole the cookie from the cookie jar! Who me? Yes, you! Couldn't be! Then who? Dora stole the cookie from the cookie jar!
HEY FORGET YOU GUYS, YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING, GEEZ, WHAT'S WITH THE THIRD DEGREE?! I WAS MAKING LINK DUMP FRIDAY ALL EVENING, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!... uh... oh. Are... are we doing a thing here? Like... a rhyming thing?... I knew that! I wasn't... I mean... look, those cookies were asking for it, okay? It's not like I'm a hardened criminal or anything! Just... don't go prodding around any uneven lumps in my backyard.
- Secretnet - Think you have what it takes to be a SUPAR SEEKRIT double agent and infiltrate the black market? Give it your best shot in this clever text adventure that puts you in the shoes of someone trying to infiltrate a chatroom full of folks that aren't exactly on the up-and-up. You have to love a super secret organisation whose security methods basically consist of asking you point blank if you're a cop, and then making you promise not to tell anyone about them. Presumably the Wii version of this would have included a special waggle for pinky-swearing.
- Way of an Idea 2 - Gravity is the star of this little physics puzzle game, as you draw lines to ensure that an apple falls on a certain historical figure's head. If only all life's problems could be solved by dropping fruit on famous people! I'm sure I can think of a few people who might benefit from a watermelon hitting them from a great height.
- The Soul Driver - Being a massive fan of Rockstar's irresponsibility simulator Grand Theft Auto, there's definitely something I can get behind about a game centered on racing away from the cops as your wanted level rises. This arcade game sees you zipping down the road, dodging the popo, trying to rack up sweet, sweet moolah to upgrade your vehicle. To be frank, even if you were the world's most law abiding citizen, I don't think the face of the protagonist is exactly one that inspires trust and good will in people on the best of days.
- Rejoin - Everyone loves a good puzzle platformer, and everyone loves helping suspicious shadowy entities reunite with lost pieces of themselves, amirite? I mean... what could go wrong?! *cue sad trombone music* While certain hazards seem to have frustratingly finicky hit detection and are only too happy to kill you if you so much as glance at them, fans of stylish, evil-deity-centric action will want to check this one out.
- Fat Wizard - Big Boned Wizard is the latest action defense game from Matt Thorson centered around magic, mayhem, and... mouse movements! Fend off invaders as they swarm towards your precious dragon egg using a number of useful wizardly abilities, if you can master them. Although difficult to get the hang of, there's no denying the game is cheery, adorable, and frantic. Usually when I want to keep my husband away from something I want to eat later I just yell "HEY, BACK OFF BUTTSKI"... and then he ignores me. So maybe there is something to this flashy lightning stuff after all!