You know, this site might focus on casual gameplay, but sometimes I worry that doesn't come across in the articles enough. They're so rigid... so formulaic... so downright stuffy! So from now on, Link Dump Friday is now Hawaiian Link Dump Friday. You are all expected to wear brightly coloured floral shirts and attend the pig roast in Jay's office after the torch lighting ceremony. (Jay, I'm roasting a pig in your office; I think i forgot to mention this, but you might have already noticed the fire pit and palm fronds.) That is all.
- Go Go Sunshine - Despite the fact that the sun is hovering a scant few feet above their heads, the people in this puzzle platformer are positively shrilled and not, in fact, shrieking in agony while their skin boils and sloughs off their bones. Hop from raincloud to raincloud, dispelling the gloom and letting a little sunshine in, without letting the sun plummet into the ocean below. It may be simple, but darned if I don't love these little MS-Paint-ish graphics.
- Fancy Pants Adventures Sneak Peek - One of my favourite things in the world is seeing a developer turn something that they were doing for fun into something that's also fun and profitable for them. (Fun fact; developers gots to eat too.) Brad Borne is now getting a bite of that tasty pie, as his popular action-adventure platform series, Fancy Pants, is coming to Playstation Network and XBOX Live Arcade this spring! Give this short preview a play to find out what sort of fancy pants shenanigans are in store for you. Don't own either console? Don't despair; World 3 will be coming to PC eventually.
- Famous Objects from Classic Movies - If you like hangman and being a movie snob/film buff, then this simple puzzle game might be for you. Using only a simple stylised object for a clue, figure out the movie title it's supposed to represent. Although it says "classic", you'd be mistaken to think it only uses movies from yesteryear your Grandfather likes to wax on about; films as recent as The King's Speech make an appearance. I guess I'll have to, you know, watch more than approximately two movies a year if I ever hope to be any good at this game.
- Flaming Zombooka 2 Level Pack - Turbonuke brings you forty more levels of zombie splattering action in this physics shooter with some familiar faces, a lot of explosions, and even more flailing limbs. If I know you, and I think I do, you've always wanted to be able to say you pulled off a sweet headshot with a bazooka, so here's your chance to fulfill that childhood fantasy. If you don't go for the headshot, you'll probably need a few tries to complete each level as the zombies bounce around the scenery. This never would have happened if you hadn't wasted all our acid rounds on that miniboss battle!
- The Maester's Path - If you are a fan of a certain series of books by a certain guy then you are probably very excited for this coming April. To tide you over, you might want to check out this atmospheric advergame, which is about being a maester, and links that aren't at all like what I pictured they would be but whatever that is totally okay. There's only a little content available right now, with more planned for the coming weeks leading up to the series premiere, and you will need to register an account to play, but presumably if you've stuck with Mr Martin through pounds and pounds of books and delays and chapters where nothing at all happens you aren't going to let a little thing like registration stop you.