A little girl, when she was 8, wandered through a park during a family picnic. In the slick, wet grass at the base of an oak tree she found a small box. It was carefully crafted out of stiff, colorful paper and tied shut with purple yarn. The girl felt the weight of the object hidden inside as she slipped the box into her pocket, careful not to shake it. Later that day, as the sun drifted past the horizon, her mind entertained fantastic tales of the box and the mystery inside.
Seventy-three years later, this girl was now a lady. The colors of the box had faded, a corner had sunk in after being left in the rain, and the yarn was loose and frayed. Even so, the woman had never opened the box. Her good friend Matia, that the lady had known since college, asked her about the box one day. "You don't know who it's from?! Why don't you just open it? It could be something exciting!" said Matia, somewhat uncharacteristically.
The lady responded with a smile, "It could also be something shockingly boring. No Matia, I won't ever open it, although I have opened it many times before. Anytime I had a bad day, was anxious about something—like that speech, remember that?—or even just bored on a rainy day...I'd imagine what was in that box, and open it in my mind. Sometimes it was something wonderful, something that would have saved me from what ailed me. And sometimes it was something completely random, even useless. So no, I will never open it with these hands."
The two women went on to speak of other things and the box held it's secret for the rest of her life.
- !GNITION - A simple little driving game. Navigate the tracks as fast as you can before your time runs out!
- Saucer Attack - Run as far as you can while being chased by probe wielding aliens and jumping over the most inconveniently placed haystacks and fences.
- Processing game - A simple one button game. Adds tempting risks to improve on the SF Cave formula. Pass through yellow and red zones for large bonuses, and chance fate by skimming the ceiling or floor to rack up points.
- Su Puzzle - A tricky puzzle with a simple goal. Connect the three houses to the three utilities, without crossing lines. (Thanks Sam!)
- Climb - An amazingly simple memory game that will test the limits of your memory...simply.
- Ribbon Trail - Deftly control a ribbon of light in this interesting game. Works best on fast computers. (Thanks Nick!)
- Cake Dance - The sequel to "There She Is!!" from last week's Link Dump.
- S0 S0 S0ULFUL - One of the many web art pieces by YOUNG-HAE CHANG HEAVY INDUSTRIES. Text and jazz, sometimes a story, sometimes poetry. Scrapes away graphic design, video, and other fluff but remains an surprisingly engaging web art. Works best fullscreen with sound. This is family safe unlike a few on the main site. Just as a warning, it is a bit long.
- Magical Trevor - One of the classic toons from Weebls Stuff. WARNING: This will get stuck in your head (like an unopened box) FOREVER! Have a wonderful day.
I R IN UR COMMENTZ FIXIN UR TYPOS