Link Dump Friday №130
We here at Jay is Games know you're a deep person with deep thoughts. We also suspect you secretly have to stifle your giggles each time someone trips on a banana peel. But that's okay! We can't be serious intellectuals all the time or we'd wear our brains out. So here's a selection of some of the silliest and the most thoughtful games around. Go ahead. Solve some physics puzzles, and then set your head on fire for a while. We won't tell. You're cool with us.
- Time Donkey - [Note: Click "Maybe later, play web version" below the price to play once the game has loaded.] Crikey! It's the rare South American time donkey! What a beaut! Whoooaaaa, lookit the little blighter, trackin' down tacos, launchin' off pads... oh! Watch as he reverses time to make additional copies of 'imself! Clever li'l fella. 'Course, he has to watch out for his natural predators... Poor Camera Mobility and Clunky Controls. Life in the taco fields is brutal, folks.
- Ergon/Logos - This is... uh. Hm. This.... iiiissss.... hold on, hold on. I don't think I'm dressed for this. *puts on beret, holds pinky in air* Ah. Much better. Another entry into EGP's "Minimalist" theme for the month of August, this is either an extremely abstract interpretation of narrative-as-gameplay, or a fever dream from Hunter S Thompson following a bout with indigestion. One is as likely as the other.
- Dadgame - Have you ever wanted to light your head on fire? How about fend off helicopters with an enormous neon letter? Or maybe regurgitate a sword? If you thought, "Why would I ever want to light my head on fire?" this probably isn't the game for you. Smash, bash, and ROCK your way to maximum destruction and achievements. Warning: contains massive property damage and unrepentant silliness.
- Saunavihta Yetis - If you played the original Saunavihta and found yourself thinking, "This doesn't have enough yetis. It could be yeti-er." Rejoice! Featuring the same queerly unsettling design and the familiar physics puzzle action you know and love, but now with 60% more abominable death. Huzzah!
- Run - What does this rotund little alien run from? Or is he running towards something? Well, he's not going to be running for very long if you don't help him navigate all the pitfalls in this addictive little test of reflexes. Run, jump, and rotate the walls across multiple levels. Or you can make your own levels to help him realize his destiny. Godspeed, little grey dude! Godspeed. *sniff!*