Link Dump Friday №101
There are no hidden messages in this opening paragraph. It contains no inside jokes, references to external events, or puns. It isn't dedicated to anyone, real or imaginary. This Link Dump Friday paragraph does not taste like butter.
- Left 4k Dead - A 2D top-down shooter that's an absolute blood fest. Loosely based on Valve's Left4Dead game, this little guy clocks in at under 4k in size and is written in Java. Impressive lighting effects for such a tiny game, and you'll have fun blasting zombies for a minute or two. Or 4!
- Cable Miner - Gah! The simplicity! Gah! The challenge! Gah! The utter addictiveness of it! All you do is tap and hold the [spacebar] to grab the wire, releasing it to jump higher in the air. Use the [arrow] keys to move. Then... win! Many times!
- Bomboozle - Connect groups of adjacent, like-colored blocks to remove them from the screen. Destroy large groups to create a bomb, which can then be used to remove indestructible blocks and cause chain reactions. Nothing revolutionary, but the visuals are fun and interface very touch screen-esque.
- Shape Switcher - A nicely-designed top-down adventure-type game that uses colors and shapes to create door puzzles. Doors are locked according to shapes or colors, and fortunately for you, the main character can alter both. To move through a blue square door, for example, you should either be blue or be a square.
- Pede Off - A simple but somehow enjoyable clone of the classic arcade game Centipede. And... um... it has pretty flowers?