Oh joyful day! It's time for a contest! And not just any contest, either. We've teamed up with PopCap (you know, the folks who have taken away most of your free time with games like Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies) to celebrate the impending release of Bejeweled 3! Our original idea was to run a contest where the prizes included high fives and fist bumps, but then we decided to up the ante. How "up" did we up it? How about a Bejeweled-emblazoned netbook for the winner?!
What better way to run a Bejeweled contest than to match gems of your own? From now and for the next 12 days, we'll be hiding a few gems in game reviews throughout the archives of JIG. We'll send out a riddle for each hidden gem, sometimes right here on the front page, sometimes on our Twitter feed, sometimes on our Facebook page, pointing you in the right direction. Find the gem, take a note of its color and the title of the game reviewed on the page where it appears, and keep that info somewhere safe. When you find three gems of the same color, you've earned yourself an entry into the netbook giveaway!
But there's more! We'll be using all seven gem colors from Bejeweled 3, so feel free to submit matches for more than one color. If you submit a match of five like-colored gems, your name will be entered twice! So, theoretically, you could have your name dropped in the hat over a dozen times. In the very big hat we've reserved just for this occasion! And even if you don't win the laptop, we've got three copies of Bejeweled 3 to give away, so there's plenty of opportunity to walk away with something great.
So you know what to look for, here's an example of the gems you'll see in the coming week (no, they're not part of the contest!). Each one will be in the body of the article of the game in question, easy to find once you decipher the riddle! Gems will be available for approximately 24 hours, at which point the next round of hints will become available, pushing the old ones away forever.
The official colors are as follows (from left to right in the image above):
blue, green, red, white, yellow, purple, and orange.
Wait until you collect a match of three gems of the same color before e-mailing us. Sending in random gems doesn't count as an entry. It's best to wait until the end of the contest, then organize all the gems you found into matches and send us one e-mail.
Contest rules and details:
- Contest runs from December 3 to December 14.
- Gems will be hidden on review pages throughout the site. A few of the gems will be released per day, each one available for a limited time only.
- Clues pointing to the gems will be announced on our website (https://jayisgames.com), on our Twitter page (http://twitter.com/Jayisgames), on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Jayisgames), or a combination of all three.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Contest is open to US residents only. Employees of Casual Gameplay and their family members are not eligible for this promotion.
- Send us your name, address, phone number, and a statement that you're at least 18 years of age or older, along with an itemized listing of all the gems you found, including: 1) gem color; and 2) the title of the game reviewed on the page where you found the gem; to: [email protected], or mail your entry to: Casual Gameplay, P.O. Box 22775, Rochester, NY 14962.
- Entries must be received no later than December 17, 2010 to qualify for the drawing.
- Winners will be selected by random drawing on December 18, 2010, and the results will be published at https://jayisgames.com soon thereafter.
- Total prize value is $425, specifications include: HP Mini 210 HD Edition Netbook, 1GB DDR2 System Memory, Wireless-G Card, IntelAtomN450 (1.66GHz, 512 KB L2 Cache) and Intel Grphc3150, Genuine Windows 7 Starter 32-bit, 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, 10.1 in HD LED widescreen (1366x768).
- Prize is non-exchangeable.
- Casual Gameplay is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries. By participating in the contest, the winners and entrants (a) agree that Casual Gameplay, its employees, directors, and partners shall have no liability in connection with the acceptance or use of the prizes awarded. (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, related to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. (c) shall indemnify and hold harmless Casual Gameplay employees, directors, and partners from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from or in connection with any third party action arising out of a breach, or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of its representations, warranties, or obligations herein.
- No purchase necessary, void where restricted or prohibited.