CGDC4 update №4
Just a quick reminder that there are 3 weeks left until the deadline for our Casual Gameplay Design Competition #4. Over $6000 in cash and prizes await the winning entries that incorporate the "ball physics" theme. All entries must be in by October 1st, 2007 at 11:59PM (GMT-5:00). Please see the competition announcement page for full details on entering.
Highlights of questions that have come up during the past week include:
- Am I allowed to enter more than one game? - Yes, you may enter as many games as you like, as long as each entry follows the guidelines and specifications for the competition.
- Are we allowed to enter the competition as a team? - Yes, you may enter as a team. Please be sure to provide all names associated with the game upon submitting the entry.
- Are Mochiads allowed? May I use the ads that appear during pauses in the game? - The preloading of competition entries is handled by the competition UI, which effectively makes the Mochiads preloader redundant and useless. The ads just won't show up. As for ads that come during pauses, ads placed outside of the flow of game play are fine. For example, showing an ad upon selecting "play" from your main game menu. That being said, no one enjoys having a game interrupted by ads. So you might want to keep that to a minimum or chance having it negatively affect your game's overall score.
- For AS3.0 games: Is it okay for me to change the frame rate while the game is playing... and reset it when the game is exited? - Yes, you should be able to do that without issue to the competition UI. In fact, I can be sure the frame rate is reset back to 30fps once each game hands back control to the GameManager.
- Is there any limit on how early we can submit a game for the competition? - No, there is no limit to how early you may submit your entry. And for everyone submitting an entry, please post a comment here, or email me directly using the email address at the bottom of the sidebar to the left, if you do not receive confirmation from us that your entry was received within 24 hours after you submit. Thank you!
Note: Comments are disabled for this entry. Please continue to use the main competition announcement page for posting questions and comments. Cheers!