Link Dump Friday №29
After months of distressingly rainless weather, people in my corner of the world started taking drastic measures to encourage the magic sky-water to fall. Letters to the clouds tied to balloons didn't work, nor did the gigantic sponge we kept tossing into the sky. I tried doing the rain dance several times (some might call it the "Macarena"), but even my powers of dance couldn't make it happen. Finally, early this morning I heard the sweet sound of rain falling from the sky. Somehow this magical collection of Link Dump Friday games encouraged the clouds to release their water. As you work your way down the list, keep an eye out for strange events such as birds falling from the sky, strangers on the street offering you large sums of money, or finding a really good coupon in the newspaper.
- Glacier Racer - A short but visually stunning racing game where you play a penguin on ice skates — in 3D!!! Jump and slide to collect Santa's missing presents while drinking in the absolutely gorgeous scenery. Oh, and try not to say "Glacier Racier".
- Clix - Like a tangram puzzle, but with shapes made from squares instead of triangles. If you enjoyed Phit, you may like this one, too.
- Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 2 - Like Guitar Hero and Frets on Fire? There's a good chance you'll like Shinki's Flash interpretation of the game. You won't find Aerosmith, fancy graphics or plastic controllers here. All you need is a keyboard and both hands and you'll rock the stickman all night long.
- Sproing - Whip around the ball to destroy the enemies. Your ball must be moving quick enough to do damage to destroy!
- Hostility Battle Garden - A remarkably good-looking first person shooter that lets you wield two weapons for twice the carnage. Unfortunately it's a bit repetitive, but pretty to look at and fun for a few minutes.
- Flu Fighters - A fun little diversion by the author of Eater of Worlds. Swim around the body eating bacteria to defend the four organs. Scroll down a bit to find the game.