If it's kinda creepy but more than a little cool, it's got to be by Mateusz Skutnik who wants to take us on another trip to the eerie world of Daymare Town with Daymare Cat. This time, it's a platforming puzzle adventure game where you're tasked with guiding our disheveled and befuddled looking heroine through the Town's twisting streets. Use the left and right [arrow] keys to move, and hit the down [arrow] to interact with things and go through doors. Any items you gather are tucked away into your inventory at the bottom of the screen, and the game will automatically use the correct object in the proper place for you when you press down in front of it.
If you've never been much for Italian plumbers, don't worry... apart from a few simple sequences, Daymare Cat is less about platforming than it is about exploring and puzzle-solving. Despite featuring the familiar etched lines and otherworldly architecture, this doesn't quite feel like a Daymare Town title, and it's not just because it isn't a point-and-click. It feels a bit less light-hearted and fantastical, lacking the familiar critters and characters, and much more surreal and mysterious. While solving puzzles is largely a case of flipping levers and keeping your eyes peeled for little clues, it's almost an Alice in Wonderland type experience as seen through the eyes of Mateusz Skutnik. Cat Jahnke's music, when you discover it, is both incredibly varied and a pleasure to listen to, but not every piece fits the mood and overall setting of the game. Which is, you know. Something where you sort of expect to see Slender Man standing politely just barely out of frame in a window. Waiting. Always watching.
It's that almost-but-not-quite-freaky vibe that makes Daymare Town so incredibly addictive. That, fortunately, is definitely intact even if the puzzles wind up being fairly straight-forward. Use this key here, climb those platforms there, throw yourself down the hungry gullet in the floor over nyoh. Finding the music in the form of records largely winds up being the whole point of the game, and since the game lacks a map, it's easy to get lost of where you've been and where you're going. With a rich style and setting, however, getting there is still going to be a lot of fun, even if it isn't exactly what you expected a Daymare title to be.
(Please allow page to fully load for spoiler tags to be functional.)
DAYMARE CAT WALKTHROUGH
1. You start off with the "tutorial" controls (arrow keys) right above your head. Just keep going right and jumping until you get to a crank, press down to activate it, then press left to see that a platform has been lowered. Jump on it and jump above the screen.
2. Once you have exited the hole, go to the far left and get the SIMPLE KEY. Go right again and past the hole you entered.
3. There should be a stump with a hole in it, and a down arrow above it. Press down to use the Simple Key. Move to the doorway and press down to enter.
4. You are now in a tunnel. Going to the dark doorway reveals a room with a phonograph in it. There's nothing in the room right now, so exit and go to the right.
5. Keep going right until you exit the tunnel. Down below on a balcony, you can see the FIRST RECORD. You can't get to it yet, so just keep going right.
6. Time for a little platforming fun! Just make your way over to the right side of the screen using the pillars. Don't worry if you fall - you don't lose anything and you start back at the left side of the screen. Once you hit the other side, keep going until you see a doorway, and enter it.
7. Go to the far right and you will see a door. You will also see a hole that, if you try to interact with it by pressing down, seems to be missing a handle. Nothing else here, so keep moving to the right.
8. You will find another crank. Operate it, then go all the way to the left until you hit the platform screen again.
9. Jump on the ledge above your head to the newly-flipped platforms to get the TURN HANDLE. then go back to the right, through the doorway, to the closed door and put the handle it in its place. Go through the door.
10. You will see another record above your head on a balcony. Go right to the next screen and see a phonograph. Go right once more to a large door with five trumpets sitting above it. Use the two bricks as platforms to get to the doorway above the large trumpeted door, and enter.
11. Go to the far right first, skip the doorway, and collect the PYRAMID on the shelf. Turn around and go through the doorway you passed on the way.
12. Go to the far left on the balcony to collect the SECOND RECORD. (Don't worry, you'll get the first one eventually). Instead of putting this record in the phonograph underneath this balcony, put this one in the phonograph in the dark tunnel at the beginning - it will save you a ton of backtracking in the long run.
13. Once you've done that, return to the trumpeted door and enter the doorway above it again. This time, go left one screen to see a broken doorway. Enter it. (Going left two screens reveals another phonograph and nothing else.)
14. Do the platform puzzle, go to the right, and enter the doorway. Use the gray "bricks" to climb above the screen. The next screen will be the same thing, but with a bell. Use the support beam for the bell to go to the left. Then, use the support on the left and the demon's tail to get on the platform, then use the demon's back to get the THIRD RECORD. Go back to the bell and simply fall down the middle to get back out.
15. Go left, back over the platforms, and out the door to the broken doorframe. Go left to the phonograph and use the third record on it. Then, leave this area and get back to the trumpeted door.
16. This time, go right. Use the pyramid on the pedestal next to you to flip the other platform around, then go up and onto the gazebo roof.
17. This one's a bit trickier because the platforms move - but really, you're aiming to land in the mouth at the bottom of the screen anyway. So don't worry about getting over to the other side quite yet.
18. Once you have landed in the mouth, go right two screens to see the FOURTH RECORD. There is a platform there so you can get to it. Once you have it, go right two screens into daylight. Continue right until you find a trampoline, and use it to go to the left platform.
19. Use the fourth record on the phonograph, then go right again, using the trampoline to go right this time. Move to the middle platform, then left to the doorway, and enter. Grab the first record (told you we'd grab it eventually!) and exit.
20. Use the trampoline to reach the second trampoline, and go up. This platformer uses trampolines; you need to grab the CROSS KEY on the right side of the screen, and exit at the top left side of the screen.
21. When you land, go right to grab the FIFTH RECORD. Then go left two screens to another locked door, and use the cross key on it. Go inside and use one of the records on the phonograph. Once you've done that, exit and go left.
22. Jump back over the moving platforms to the left side. If you fall, just try not to land in the mouth, or you'll have to do the whole trampoline puzzle again to get out. Once you land by the pyramid's pedestal, go left to the final phonograph, and place the record on it.
23. Go into the trumpeted door which is now open. Watch the cutscene and collect your prize at the end :)
Posted by: Metanaito | June 24, 2013 12:58 PM
Hi this is my first time writing a walkthrough :) hope it is clear!
1. You will only need your arrow keys.
2. Vinyls can be placed in the old record players without any order.
3. Strongly recommended to wear your headphones for the most optimal gameplay!
1. Walk to the right.
2. Jump to go past the crate.
3. Press down to interact with the wheel.
4. Go left.
5. Jump on top of the crate, and then to the left platform, and jump up.
6. Go left to get the key.
7. Go right twice, past the 2-wheel platform where you came from earlier.
8. Press down at the plant-thing to put the key.
9. Press down at the entrance to enter the tunnel.
1. Press down at the black-shaped entrance to go into a mini cave.
2. Press down at the old record player. You will be prompted that you need to have a vinyl.
3. Go back to the main tunnel.
4. Go right and straight to enter the outskirts of the town.
Outskirts of town
1. Currently you can't reach the vinyl below. Don't worry about it, you will reach it at the later part of the game.
2. Go right and you will see that the floors are broken.
3. Jump your way to the right using the 2 pillars. (If you fall, you will be respawned to the platform where you entered. This is the same as for other places where you fall.)
4. Go right. (The floaty things are just for fun.)
5. Press down to enter the building.
1. Go right.
2. There seems to be an entrance.
3. Press down at the hole on the left side of the door. You need to get a wheel-key to open the door.
4. Go right.
5. Press down to interact with the wheel. Look at the window to see that something has turned.
6. Go left twice, and walk through the door to exit the building.
Outskirts of town
1. Go left twice back to the place with broken floors.
2. It seems that the turned things are actually new circular platforms in the middle of the screen.
3. If you don't know where to jump, look at the background of the game, and ignore the 2 pillars from before. Focus on the long plank and the 3 circular platforms in the middle-top of the game.
4. Jump to the long plank, and the platforms to get the wheel-key.
5. Go right twice, and enter the building.
1. Go right, and press down at the hole to insert the wheel-key.
2. Enter the door to the back of the building.
Back of the building
1. The vinyl can't be reached from where you are, so go right.
2. There's another old record player and a door at the top. Nothing to do here now, go right.
3. You will see a fancy door with 5 pipes above it, and a small window.
4. At the most left pipe, there's a small step. Jump up to it, and up to the other small step a little left.
5. Jump to the window and enter to reach the second floor.
1. Go right. Enter the door with 4 wheels.
2. You're right at the back of the building. Go right to fetch the first vinyl. (Yay!)
3. Go right and back to the door with 4 wheels.
4. Go right. Jump up to grab the rotating triangular key.
5. Go left 4 times. There is an entrance, but let's ignore it first.
6. Press down to insert the vinyl and enjoy your first bit of music.
7. Go right to enter the entrance.
8. You will see a mixture of pillars and floating circular platforms.
9. Jump your way to the right-most platform. (Don't worry about falling down.)
10. Enter the door to the bellhouse.
1. It might be pitch dark in here, but look closer. There are small grey steps leading to the top.
2. Jump your way to the top. If you are unable to reach the top, just jump to the highest-third step and press up. You will be automatically moved to the top.
3. Jump on the small steps to the top of the bell. (There is a small step a little left from where you are, and another step to the right of the bell.)
4. Go left. You will see a monster with a vinyl on top of its head.
5. Jump to the left to the wood pillar.
6. Jump to its tail.
7. Jump on top of the monster and grab the vinyl. (Roar!)
8. Go right, down and exit the bellhouse.
The second floor
1. Go right twice. Enter the door with 4 wheels.
2. Drop down to the first floor by going right. Insert the vinyl and hear the second bit of music.
3. Go right. Look at the pipes. 2 of them are currently playing music, and we inserted 2 vinyls, so there must be 5 old record players in total.
4. Go right, and press down at the pillar to place the triangular key. This activates the circular platform to turn around.
5. Jump up to the roof on the right.
1. More platforms, but this time they're moving!
2. Drop down to the mouth to enter the monster.
Inside the monster
1. Really pitch black here. The left way is blocked, so go right.
2. Go right again.
3. The monster actually ate a vinyl! There're hidden platforms here, so just jump up in the direction of the vinyl to grab it.
4. Go right, and right again to exit the monster. (No, don't think about what exit this is.)
1. Go right. Jump on top of the cushion. It bounces!
2. Bounce your way to the left platform on top.
3. Place your vinyl in the old record player and listen to your third music.
4. Go down by falling left or right. You're back at the exit of the monster.
5. Go right and bounce right to the wall.
6. Before you bounce up, enter the door at the lower left.
7. Grab the vinyl from the beginning of the game and go back.
8. Jump up to the cushion, then to the balloon-cushion into the sky.
9. Look to your right. There's a rotating key. Grab it.
10. Bounce your way to the highest balloon-cushion at the top left.
1. Go right, grab the vinyl and go left twice.
2. Press down at the triangular shaped door to insert the cross-key. Enter the dome.
3. Insert the vinyl in the old record player and it will play the fourth music.
4. Leave the dome and go left.
5. Jump your way to the left. Don't fall into the monster's mouth this time. (If you fall, try to move to places away from the mouth. You will respawn at the right again.)
6. Go left.
Back of the building
1. Go left. 4 of the pipes on top of the fancy door are playing music, but there's still one more vinyl on your hands. Remember the first old record player we saw? It's time to go back.
2. Go left twice to enter the building.
1. Go left and exit the building.
Outskirts of town
1. Go left 4 times to enter the tunnel.
1. Go left, and enter the black-shaped entrance.
2. Insert the vinyl and listen to the last music.
3. Exit the cave and go right twice.
Outskirts of town
1. Go right twice to go back to the building.
1. Go right once and enter the door.
Back of the building
1. Go right twice.
2. With all 5 vinyls inserted, the door is open!
3. Enter the door to view a short clip. The 5 vinyls that you have collected are actually 5 different parts of the song, which is combined when you entered the door.
4. At the very end, there is a link to download the song if you've enjoyed it. (Personally, I did :) )
Posted by: buding | June 24, 2013 1:04 PM