Freelance Positions Available!
Jayisgames.com has been around since 2003, hunting down and reviewing the best browser, indie, and casual downloadable games we can find. Now, we're expanding to cover the mobile gaming scene, including iOS releases, Android games, and games available for the Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet.
Our review team is responsible for discovering, play testing, and deciding if a game meets our quality standards and will receive a review. All of this happens via our mailing list, a lively place where you're almost as likely to see an ASCII character eating pizza as you are a discourse on the finer points of a physics puzzle's hardest level!
Main duties also include:
- Write 2-3 reviews per week, each around 500 words
- Provide publish-ready articles formatted with at least three images
- Participate in group discussions analyzing and vetting games to feature
- Writing step-by-step walkthroughs for the games we review
- Social media coordinator: someone who understands social media and how to leverage all the popular services to broaden our site reach and increase our audience.
We don't just review games, we dissect them, so the more comfortable you are with discussing the pros and cons of a game's design and then writing a balanced review, the better!
If interested, please send your resumé and samples of your writing (preferably a mobile game review (or walkthrough) or both) to: "freelance" (without the quotes) at jayisgames.com.