We had another great poker night on Saturday, and I have another set of winners to report. The tournaments were a lot smoother this week thanks to the handy registration form I threw together for our weekly event. Players sign-up by entering their Triplejack username and a special code we give out just before the tournaments begin, and then a table number is assigned. We'll do it just like this again on Saturday, and this week's tournaments will begin promptly at 3PM Eastern (GMT-5:00).
Similar to last week, we held a series of standard, 11-player, Texas Hold'em tournaments, in which each player buys-in for $500 in chips (money at Triplejack is free). The player to win all of the chips from all of the other players at the table qualified and earned a seat at the final table. This week's qualifiers were...
- Qualifier #1 winner: gevonden_sok
- Qualifier #2 winner: SlaX0r
- Qualifier #3 winner: supersasha
- Qualifier #4 winner: Hapk
- Qualifier #5 winner: mel2
- Qualifier #6 winner: melman2002
- Qualifier #7 winner: Valarauka
- Qualifier #8 winner: wisegranda
- Qualifier #9 winner: cascader
- Qualifier #10 winner: spun00
- Qualifier #11 winner: Akisuzu
Once all the tournaments were held, these players all took their seats at the final table for a fight to the finish in one grandaddy elimination tournament. The prizes up for grabs that were split among the top 5 finishers:
- (5) FREE Virtual Villagers games from Last Day of Work—nominated for a Best of 2006 award in the Downloadable (Other) category
- (1) FREE month Power Player subscription to Triplejack
- (1) FREE deck of Triplejack playing cards
- (1) FREE JIG Casual Gameplay T-shirt
And the lucky five prize-winners are:
- 5th place: supersasha
- 4th place: Valarauka
- 3rd place: mel2
- 2nd place: Wisegranda
Champion of Tournaments #4: Melman2002!
Since Melman2002 was already one of our previous Champions of Tournaments, we are giving the second place finisher, Wisegranda, an entry into our Grand Prize drawing for a brand new Nintendo DS Lite! Drawing to be held on Saturday, May 26, 2007.
Congratulations to all the winners—even if you didn't win a prize at the final table you still walked away with more Triplejack chips than you started with—and thank you all for working with the registration form making this week's tournaments the best ones yet!
A big shout out to Carla of Last Day of Work for generously providing copies of the remarkable Virtual Villagers game for prizes, and to the very kind folks at Triplejack for again sponsoring their part of the prize package for the tournament.