2011 marches onward, and another Link Dump Friday rolls around for your enjoyment. Do you ever wonder what happened to all those old Link Dumps? Do you think the site archives are the only thing keeping them from being devoured into inky, starless blackness in the gullet of the Langoliers? Probably. Incidentally, this is probably why I'm not allowed to tell children bedtime stories anymore.
- P.i.g - Zillix offers up this puzzle platformer courtesy of Ludum Dare, starring an individual trying to escape from a lab, using a gun that... shoots... portals... hmmm. Kinda sounds... familiar.... NAAAAH. I'm sure it's nothing. Okay, so the influences are probably a little obvious, but P.i.g. is short, cute, and made in just a few days. I'll tell you how many games I've made, and the number is somewhere between "zero" and "zilch".
- Kulkis - [WARNING: Loading screen background contains rapidly flashing colours that may not be good to be viewed by people with certain conditions.] The best toys are the ones you can get for twenty-five cents out of those vending machines at supermarkets. (I passed one just today that offered no less than fifty different painted rubber duckies.) The best toy you can get out of those are those tiny, hard rubber balls you can hurl at a hard surface with all your might and watch go ricocheting around the room with the force to break noses. Now imagine you could telekinetically control the speed and the direction, and you'd have this retro arcade game... kinda. It's all the destructive fun of the real thing, minus having to hide under the porch from your grandmother after you break her favourite flower vase. (She still can't prove that was me.)
- Nyan Cat FLY! - I feel like I should be mad at someone for the time I spent on this when I was supposed to be working on three other reviews. (Sorry boss.) This simple arcade avoidance game is the sort of thing you decide is silly within thirty seconds, and are still playing five minutes later even though "there's no point to it". Well, other than to experience the love-it-or-hate-it flashy phenom that is Nyan Cat, I guess. You control a... cat... of sorts... hurtling through space, collecting treats and avoiding vegetables for as long as you can. Why? Dude, seriously; this is the internet. When have we ever had a reason for our obsession with preposterous cat memes?
- Blow Things Up 2 - I like to consider myself a pacifist who thinks that even fake creatures should be treated with love and kindNAHAHAHAHA oh man, I can't even finish that with a straight face; I totally love blowing things up, even cute things like the ones in this physics puzzle game. Blast all the Things offscreen with well-placed bombs, while saving certain Things from Thing Oblivion, relishing in their plaintive wails as they drop out of site below the bottom of the screen. Never has genocide with explosives been so adorable!
- Drawing Room - Oh no. Oh no. You guys, I am so bad at escape games, you guys, and now here's one with drawing in it too! It's like I have my own personal nemesis out there creating traps for me. But I'm sure you'll have no issues. In this very red little game, you're trapped in a room with no doors, windows, or furniture... just line drawings representing all those things, and some puzzles to solve.