Ethan Haas Was Right
A new puzzle game with a distinct ARG smell recently popped on the scene without much known about what it is or who is behind it. Ethan Haas Was Right is a mysterious Flash-based website that presents a series of 5 unique puzzles, some original and some rehashed versions of classic puzzle games. Interspersed between the puzzles are video segments containing clues as to the origin and meaning of it all.
Even if you don't care for alternate reality games in general, there's enough here for a few sessions of casual gameplay. The game even remembers your progress for when you come back to it.
Spoiler alert!: After launching the game you may notice a slightly blue star in the upper left portion of the sky. Clicking it will launch your default mail client with an email address and a subject already filled in. Sending an email to that address sends an auto-reply with the following hints about each of the puzzles. I am including it here to help the more casual players along. If you want to figure everything out for yourself, you probably should have already stopped reading.
If you're receiving this auto-response message it means that I've gone into hiding. You should be careful now, too. They're likely to start coming after all of us in an attempt to keep the balance of power in their favor. But remember, as our numbers increase as a group, the weaker they'll become.
As you recruit new people to our cause, you might need to share this message as guidance for how to navigate the 5 locks to the key code...
- The first lock will test your memory. Follow the trail of light and sound, but be careful -- one wrong move will send you back to the beginning.
- For the second lock, you may need to look to the stars. They will help you find HAAS who will lead your way.
- The third lock will require you to extinguish all lights but one. Only with one light remaining will you be able to proceed.
- The fourth lock will let you move all 4 pieces through the control of one. However, unless the three key pieces are simultaneously placed into position, you will not be granted access.
- The fifth lock will be the toughest. Seek help again from the stars to reveal your key and the message that you must decode. The two working together will open the way.
Cheers to Stephen and Jesman1 for sending this one in. =)