It's Friday, people! Before you get out there and partypartyparty (or lay on the couch and watch television while the cat lays on you, whichever) you should stock up on awesome with today's edition of Link Dump Friday! After all, if dino-butt rampages, floating doom fortresses, and massive monster murdering don't get you in the mood to get out there and enjoy yourself, I don't know what will. I mean, I do have that stack of pancakes, these feather boas, and those thirteen shar-pei puppies, but this is a lot easier to prepare.
- Slayin - Trundle back and forth in this little action arcade game, slaying enemies as they pop up and gaining levels and gold to buy new equipment. Despite several bosses and changing areas, it's still fairly repetitive, but a great retro style and simple, addictive gameplay make this one little gem you could spend longer on than you intended to. Plus, if you're over twenty-five you're hard-wired to respond positively to anything that isn't 3D rendered due to the recently passed Nostalgia Law.
- Fortress Magnus - Controlling a flying war fortress is as easy as one, two, pew-pew-pew! Upgrade and defend your fortress as long as you can against incoming waves of baddies by blasting them out of the sky and rescuing the odd falling scantily clad princess. Naturally, the flaw behind this is both repetition and in the game assuming that if you were given a flying doom fortress with infinite cannons you would not automatically start rolling over your job, your school, and that one restaurant that never gets your order right.
- Space Punk Racer - Good news for everyone who loves to stare at fake butts bobbing and weaving on their computer screen! Jimp has put together this appealingly cartoony little racing game with a great visual style that really makes whipping around the tracks to collect cash and avoid obstacles a sight to behold. Kind of makes you wonder why nobody has created Space Punk Nerfherder yet.
- Draw a Stickman - Don't you love it when a game's title also serves as the instructions? More webtoy than proper game, really, this cute little diversion lets you draw a stick-figure and all the items he needs to get through a series of obstacles. The downside is it doesn't really matter what you draw since there's no change to the gameplay, but as a means to send an adorable greeting card to the one you love (and remind them of how awful their drawing skills truly are) it's pretty cute. Plus, if you're terrible like me, there's something morbidly hilarious in watching your unintentionally misshapen stickman lurch around. F-fffffffrieeeeeeend?
- Dino Quake - Now you know the true reason dinosaurs became extinct... irresponsible use of dino-butt! In this little arcade platformer from Neutronized, you control a pudgy orange dinosaur whose only means of acquiring food is by unleashing a magnificent butt-quake that turns other dinosaurs into things like cherries. It seems like a good idea until you realise how few of us would ever use a power like this responsibly, and how much more I'd like certain people if they could be rendered into delicious fruit.