Link Dump Friday
Physics puzzles, mad painters, goo with eyeballs... that can mean only one thing! Good morning, entertainment consumers, and welcome to another edition of Link Dump Friday, where we gather together a host of the internet's most powerful games and train them to be an elite, fun-force squadron! It's like... it's like they're the Avengers, and I'm Nick Fury!... WHY ISN'T IT 2012 YET?!
- Dead Metal - Hero Interactive brings us this hilariously over-the-top macho top-down arena shooter about spaceships, aliens, and the blowing up thereof. If you like pouty, buxom heroines with lots of facial accoutrements, random profanity, and zipping around an enclosed space while someone pew-pew-pews rockets up your tailpipes, this just may be the game for you.
- The Painter - Some of us might have enjoyed art class a lot more if it were less about figure drawing and more about spraying glowing paint all over the place to try to find our way through the dark. This little puzzle platformer is about just that, and wrapped up in a silly, cheerful retro aesthetic to boot. Cheers!
- Toys vs Nightmares - I'd like to make fun of the kid in this defense game, but considering I was actually able to give myself nightmares just recently by thinking of the trailer for Insidious before I go to bed, I guess I can't throw stones. Use your imagination and arsenal of toys to defend your young tot against waves of incoming bad dreams in a fashion that will probably seem very familiar, but will appeal to tower defense fans just the same.
- Goosplosion - Click and drag your way through this goopy, gooey chain reaction game centering around making cheerful little round balls of ooze go pop! It's easy to imagine that these must be Spewer's lab buddies, but don't let that hold you back from making them burst all over the place... they don't seem to mind.
- Gluey 2 - Slurp, blorp, blooooooooop! Oh, sorry, I was just auditioning for this weird little physics game about oddly hypnotic, slippery colours and a soundtrack conceived by Dr Seuss. If you remember the original Gluey, you'll be glad to find even more mesmerizing, squelchy action in the sequel. Just the sort of thing to get your weekend off on the right foot!