It's been a busy week over here at JIG's secret flying doom fortress, and I wish I could tell you it's because we spent all week at a special company retreat painting each other's toe nails, eating strawberry cream pie, and talking about our favourite game developers. Unfortunately, that's not true. No, it wasn't all fun and games, we had to do actual work, too. And you know what I realised? Work is for suckers. Thus, this week's Link Dump Friday is about things that are also for suckers.
- Pogo Swing! - Regular swingsets are for suckers. This launch game by Antony Lavalle proves it. Hurl yourself across the playground as far as you can in order to earn money for one sweet rocket-powered swingset. We used to do this sort of thing when I was a kid, but in general having the back of your head ricochet off the ground after you landed was generally met with less fistfulls of cash and more screeching for a teacher.
- Collapse It - Safety codes are for suckers. Everyone knows explosives are so much more satisfying (and apparently profitable) if you use them in as irresponsible a manner as possible. Carefully place your explosives so they cause as much damage as possible to the people loitering beneath the perilous structures. Possibly you should feel bad about this, but crybabies don't get high scores.
- Vectrix - Slow reflexes are for suckers. This fast-paced arcade shooter is low on context but high on crazy-fast action. Fly down a corridor that looks like a combination of Lawnmower Man and early Sonic bonus levels, snatching multipliers and shooting down the villainous red squares to last as long as you can. It takes a while to get the hang of it, but in no time you'll be haphazardly careening off of things and going down in flames like a pro!
- Conway's Inferno - Brains are for suckers. A little unnatural selection should take care of that. This strange little twist on Conway's Game of Life, created in just three days for the Global Game Jam, is just the ticket for anyone who thinks what the world needs a bit more of are zombies. And UFOs. Zombie UFOs... ? Yeah, that sounds about right.
- EketeKonnect - Simple puzzles are for suckers. Look. Okay. You guys are smart. I get that. You don't need me to try to explain this for you because it's just going to crack the door open and shine a light on my ignorance about it. ... really? *sigh* Okay. This logic puzzle is about drawing lines. Your goal is to connect the numbered, shaded boxes on a grid by drawing lines that match a particular criteria. It's simple, but tricky, and I am not very good at it. If you need me, I'll be over here, wearing the cone of shame.