Link Dump Friday
I'm not going to lie to you, dear reader. I'm pretty wrung out. I almost didn't make it through the week, but there was Link Dump Friday, fluttering ahead like a glorious banner heralding the beginning of the promised land that is the weekend! So I've mustered my strength and plucked out five new games for you to try your hot little hands at, encompassing all sorts of genres. And now, if you don't mind, I'm just gonna... just gonna drag myself over here. No, no... I'm good... I don't need anything, this pavement is comfy. Just try not to step on me while I... rest my eyes a while...
- Super Mega Bot - Regular robots are boring. What you need is a super mega one. This little arcade game has you controlling a very bouncy little robot who can't stop moving, guiding him past all sorts of hazards across each stage. YZIGAMES knows how to make one adorable protagonist, but I'm afraid that when it comes to intrepid little robots, my heart belongs to another. Also, I heard there's some sorta Mega Dude thingy the kids these days like? Cornflangled new ideas...
- Ornament Key - Trilby has put up with a lot, but somehow I think this set of time-trial puzzle locks would have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Assemble ancient ornate locks in order to proceed past increasingly elaborate gates in this simple but well made little puzzle game that tests your speed as well as your eye. There's not much to it, but the clean, appealing design and three difficulty settings makes it a nice, light, refreshing snack of a game.
- Pinocchio - Hark! What light through yonder window breaks? 'Tis another crazy point-and-click game, and Minoto is the weird but wonderful sun! As usual, there doesn't seem to be many similarities between the original fairytale and Minoto's spin, which includes pandas, enslaved ghosts, and toilet paper, but darned if it isn't cute. I was never actually a big fan of the original Disney adaptation... Monstro was way too scary. But hey, I'm a big girl now, and I have big girl fears, like that one chick from Audition! (Piano wire has so many uses.)
- Tesla Death Ray - Defense games just got a whole lot more shocking! (Heh, heh.) Fight off hordes of science enemies by zapping them with a very impressive incarnation of the iconic coil, upgrading it along the way to contend with the increasingly powerful troops that would destroy it. Man, Tesla was pretty awesome. Of course you know, celibacy was the secret to his genius. ... TESLA!!!
- Lofty Tower 2 - Oh brave stacker-of-stuff-upon-other-stuff-what-needs-stackin', we call upon you once again! Kornushin delivers a new twist on the familiar physics puzzle formula by requiring you to build each teetering tower of blocks on any given stage to a specific height requirement before bestowing upon you an Ancient Mystical Doo-dad. If you liked the simple fun of the original but thought it needed some pan-pipesy music and an ancient aesthetic, this one's for you.