Link Dump Holiday
Whether or not this Friday is a special holiday for you, or just a day like any other, we hope you have a great day. May all your games purchased by well-meaning but oblivious relatives be for consoles you actually own. May your scores always stay at the top of the leaderboard, rather than vanishing after three minutes. May your point-and-click puzzles always be logical, although they probably never will. May people make more Hanukkah and Kwanzaa games next year so I don't have to frantically scour the web for something to feature. And most of all, may your coming year be filled with fun, happiness, health, tolerance, and awesomeness. Merry Friday, everyone. Now get out of my way and let me at those presents!
- Infectonator Christmas Edition - [Parental Warning: Violence and Language] Jingle bells, civilian yells, zombie's got his leg! Oh what fun it is to give Santa a taste for flesh this day... hey!... what, you don't know the words? In the case of the Christmas Edition, for Infectonator it's essentially second verse, same as the first, only with festive hats and 8-Bit holiday music. Reminds me of some nightmares I've had after too much egg nog.
- Civiballs X-Mas Levels - It's just 20 levels long, but the holiday edition of Civiballs is so darned festive you might just see sugarplums and candy canes every time you close your eyes. Which might be pleasant, if not for the fact that sugarplums are nasty. Why not fruitcake? Everyone loves fruitcake. You're probably familiar with the gameplay, but don't let that stop you from enjoying this cheerful little physics puzzle.
- Icebreaker: The Gathering - This holiday season, show someone you care. Give them a surly, smelly, wet viking you cut out of a block of ice. The next set of levels in Nitrome's weekly release scheme for this latest installment in a favourite series is now available to play!
- Save the Bunny: X-Mas Edition - The bunnies are back, and this time they're in all sorts of seasonal peril! You know, I'm starting to get fed up with these rabbits. Why can't they just stay saved? I'm beginning to think Mother Nature has it in for them, but if you really wanted to, I guess you could point-and-click their way to freedom. Again. Stupid wabbits.
- Santa Hair - I don't make the rules. Look. What part of "topiary mallet" doesn't make sense to you? This isn't rocket science, people. Next you'll be telling me beating up a block man to take his tape is crazy. No, no, no more questions, Santa's in his hammock and you're going to wake him up. Just trust me, it'll all make sense in the end. [Note: May not, in fact, make sense.]
- Mezzo Special Edition - He's been in your computer, and now he's in your browser. If you think 100 levels of block-swapping puzzle-penguin action is the only thing that could make your Friday complete, well... you're weird, kid. But here you go anyway.
- Santa Rockstar 2 - It's all the not-really-playing-the-guitar guitar-playing action you can handle, right in your browser with a holiday theme! Features multiple difficulties, two different ways to play, and some old bearded guy rockin' out. Sounds like a recipe for success to me! Jack Black would approve. Note: May make lower end computers weep.
- Chompy's Winter Rescue - There's something oddly hypnotic about the relaxed gameplay taking place here as you work to save critters frozen in ice. Maybe it's the smooth-paced action. Maybe it's the snake charmer music. Maybe it's the undulating giant, chomping plant. Wh... what's that, Chompy? You... you want me to buy all your undoubtably forthcoming and adorable merchandise?
- Snow Day - The gameplay is about as simple as you can get, but it's also simply adorable. Throw ice at the clouds floating by overhead to make sure it's cold enough that the school stays closed. Sorry, no epic boss battles or explosions, just a kid, a snow ball... and deranged mutant killer monster snow goons!!... no, no... wait... that was just a cloud. Honest mistake. Carry on.