Link Dump Friday
Not too long ago, in a kingdom not too far away, there was a great and noble king named Casual Gameplay. Casual Gameplay was a benevolent ruler who only wished that his subjects, that is to say, you lot, would have a wondrous existence full of kittens, garlic bread sticks, warm woolly socks, and really, really fun games, which, as everyone knows, are all one needs to live a happy life. And so King Casual Gameplay created a plethora of genres that endure even today...
- Ninja - From the noble house of Side-Scroller comes a tale of ninja, shuriken, ninja, smoke bombs, ninja, and ridiculous sword spinning combos in 2-D arcade beat-'em-up fashion. Note: may not actually contain your daily recommended serving of ninja. Consult a specialist for supplements.
- Regrowth - The Point-and-Click is a familiar legacy indeed, here coupled with familiar ally "ambiguous morality tale". No, wait. There is a lesson here. "Whatever you do, don't leave your bugs wandering around, or a sentient seed will come along and grow a carnivorous flower to eat them, and then totally solve your musical mushroom puzzles that you were going to do anyway after you figured out how to make cat food". I think that one is in Aesop somewhere.
- Hop the Gap - Ah, the Platformer! Solid, dependable, full of saw blades, ridiculously precise jumps, lollipops, and, most importantly, cowsies. Use your mouse to click your way across the gaps and hazards in this deceptively cheery little game. Warning: may cause bovine resentment.
- The Competitor - The Shooter is the sweet, shy, popular genre at school, and here we see what happens when it hangs out with bad-boy genre, Defense, and Joey Betz. Play for the bad guys in this Space-Invader-esque shooter as you draw your troops in formation to take on a lone fighter.
- Vogon Training - Bet you didn't know the Arcade genre was such a fantastic way to experience the thrill of bureaucracy, did you? Well, stop enjoying it! There are forms that need stamping and planets that need destroying and much-loved legacies that need gutting! Be a good little Vogon drone and fill out these forms so we can get you started on your training in a calm, orderly fashion. Until you deploy a poetry bomb, that is...