You know, I think I'm old enough now to have a "day". As in, "Back in my day, we never had games about toast, or nailing jelly to a wall. And jigsaw puzzles actually made sense!" But then I remember that my "day" was actually pretty boring and consisted of really big hair, Lawn Darts, and music videos by Paula Abdul. So instead, let's enjoy this day, and this week's Link Dump Friday!
- Pixa Fixa - Yoy may not think you're all that old, but Pixa Fixa is here to show you just how terrible your memory is. Recreate coloured pixel images using the highest of high-tech cannons on a grid! And then when your self confidence has been well and truly shattered, we can go hang out together on a porch somewhere in rocking chairs, talk about Pac Man, and yell at kids to stay off our lawn. It'll be keen!
- Summertime - Easy jigsaw puzzles are for suckers. The only time a puzzle is really good is when it has you staring at a computer screen with such intensity that those around you can hear the gears in your head shrieking away like a rusty buzzsaw. Drag and drop the appropriate images together, and then use your enormous brain to solve the energy crisis and trasmute lead into gold, because you're clearly some sort of mutant superbeing if you can finish this one. No, I'm not bitter!
- Toast of War - It's difficult to put into words just how awesome this joyously quirky little platform adventure about an intrepid slice of toast is. It helps if you realise that if Toast of War was a person, he would wear a leather jacket, jump over sharks, and get all the ladies. Or we could just say "Boss fight with a chainsaw", and that would tell you all you needed to know.
- The Rather Difficult Game - Old people have the best sayings, mainly because they never make any sense. This way, the next time one tells you something is "as difficult as herding kittens" or "nailing jelly to a wall", you can tell them you've already done it and bask in your sense of superiority. At least until they lecture you about respecting your elders and remind you that you haven't really herded kittens until you've done it uphill. In a snowstorm. In space. With fireants in your shoes. Yeah.
- Fat Slice - Finally, a game Sweeney Todd would enjoy! Use your mouse to slash every spare bit you can off a series of increasingly complex shapes. Which is easier said than done since some inconsiderate person filled them with bouncing balls you have to avoid. May or may not make you want to throw your keyboard out a window. (Hint: Probably will.)