Link Dump Friday
Link Dump Friday? More like Link Deluge, AMIRITE?! Six really great games, a few of which are heavy-hitters and will take away your afternoon without apology, and a fun Flash animation. Could Friday get any better? Well, maybe if we had some waffles...
- Rain Words - A great twist on the crossword puzzle, Rain Words features a grid on the right and gently falling images to the left. Grab an icon and slots on the grid light up where that picture's name would fit. Experiment with the placement of shorter words so you can complete larger ones. Much more tactile/visual (and less brainy) than most word games!
- Sixty - An arena shooter created by jmtb02, author of the Four Second series of games, that's played in exactly sixty seconds. Dash around shooting as many squares as you can, and after a minute has passed your score is tallied and you see just how much better you could have done. A great concept for a truly casual game.
- Mission to Neptune - A follow-up to Mission to Mars, a nice-looking platformer from Pastel Games. Mission to Neptune is an arcade game that borrows a bit from Breakout and tasks you with bouncing your character to collect symbols that unlock a cage.
- Kinetikz 2 - A simple physics-based puzzle game that pulls elements of curling and even pachinko. Fire balls to push the disk into the target area. Avoid blue lines, shove enemies out of the way, and rotate the board to give yourself a better angle.
- Classroom Pilot - A build-a-paper-airplane game set in grade school. You have four categories of variables to choose from when making your paper airplane. Once made, launch it as far as you can, sometimes at a target. The launching mechanic is just the familiar "pull back on the mouse and release" slingshot deal. A surprisingly deep level of customization is at your disposal, and the production values are extraordinary.
- Feel the Beat - Rhythm games don't get much attention in the browser-based world, so Feel the Beat steps in to try and fill the void. Similar to Guitar Hero in setup, use the keyboard and time your presses to coincide with falling notes on the screen. There are some balance issues in the difficulty level, but otherwise it's an enjoyable musical experience.
- There She Is!! Part 3: Doki & Nabi - Featured in previous Link Dump Fridays, the third installment in the Flash animation series has arrived. A charming, funny, and really rather cute animation.