Some of the best browser games are also the simplest. Take an interesting idea, make it accessible to everyone, give it a spiffy interface, polish everything to a gleaming shine and you might have a great coffee break game on your hands. This week we have a handful of games that do just that, presenting a simple idea in a nice-looking package.
- ShoOot 3 - The 3rd in a series of simple shooters from a game designer who perhaps understands simple browser games better than anyone else, Tonypa. Use your mouse to shoot all everything you can while your little ship bounces helplessly around by itself.
- BoomsticK - A shooter with a conversationalist angle, in BoomsticK your worst enemy is your own trigger-happy finger. Blast enemies as they fly on the screen, then collect the ammo they drop. If you run out of ammo you lose, so try taking out several foes with one shot to increase your bullet economy.
- Bubble Pop - As simple as the name implies, you play a fish swimming around popping bubbles with its nose. Avoid the mines, grab the power-ups, and, well, don't die!
- Pickies - It's make-your-own match-3! Cute lil pickies appear in the order shown at the top of the screen. Arrange them on the grid squares and try to put groups of three together so they'll vanish. Equal parts strategy, forethought, and old fashioned puzzle goodness.
- Crumbs! - Mmm, cookies. Crumbs is an arcade-style game where you're trying to eat as much of each cookie within the given time limit. Click and hold the left mouse button to start the circle expanding, then release to take a bite.
- Canyon Shooter - You are parachuting out of a plane, guys shooting at you from the cliffsides, and wind keeps blowing you in every direction. Not your most relaxing rainy afternoon. This vertical shooter has some nice pixel artwork and extremely dramatic music to go with its intense action.