Friday, Friday, Friday. It's generally acknowledged to be the best day of the week other than Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Most people know that Friday gets its name from the fact that Medieval England forbade the consumption of boiled or roasted foods on this day (a tradition still followed in parts of Rutlandshire). But did you know that in Norway, there are TWO Fridays every week and no Mondays? And in parts of the Xiangong province of China, it is illegal to wear a hat on a Friday. I know all of this to be true because I read it on Wikipedia
- Orbit - a fun little game in which you must destroy the incoming misslies with the orbiting weapon of the corresponding colour. Uses both mouse and keyboard. Very similar to the recently reviewed SlingStar, don't you think? And that's not such a bad thing.
- Cell - like patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time. Use the mouse and the keyboard to reach the goal. Sorry You Failed. So pick up your keyboard and throw it at your monitor. But don't hurt your mouse.
- Uber Breakout II - a refreshing take on a familiar theme. Use the arrow keys to control the paddles and collect the green power-ups whilst avoiding the red ones. Also features a nifty two-player mode.
- JIG theme song - courtesy of art begotti. =)
- Indestructotank! - destroy the enemies using your bouncing tank which is ... erm ... indestructible. Chain destructive combos together for more points which allow you to purchase more enemies (I know... I know... stick with me here) so you can cover the required distance before your fuel runs out. This game is based on a true story.
- Cubic Tragedy - follows the growing tradition of providing a non-gaming link in the Link Dump and is hosted on YouTube—a place rarely frequented by us serious-minded JIG reviewers. This three and a half minute effort will be particularly appreciated by web designers although the stylish design and humour gives the piece a wider appeal.
Remember, no matter how bad things get, they always get better. Just hang on through the storm. ;)