Link Dump Friday
I have grown tired of your silly games and forgotten names. You have tried to outsmart me, thinking that you were the master of baking blueberry muffins and delectable pancakes. "Harrumph" says I, I says "harrumph" again! As I stroll away into the sunset like an atypical antihero, please mull over these games. But wait, there's more! These games follow the awesome theme of music, well at least until I got tired. Hopefully you will have forgotten what I said by the time you—oh look at that, a pirate cactus (yarr)!
- Streamline - music game by Coolio Niato. Survive the song, you know...the one with that annoying whistle part.
- Nightmares of Leia Ray - Too many games are happy bouncy fun fun time joy. Nightmares of Leia Ray is scary. Dark and scary. It's a pseudo-interactive novel-type game where you click objects to roll the "story" along. Pretty short and not much actual gaming involved, but it's still, you know, scary. Not for younger kids due to the frighteningness involved.
- Jelly Jumper - Sponsored game where you jump from one shiny expensive key to the next. Oh and it has music...in the background...(come on, humor me).
- Moon War - Simple two player war on the little prince's moon! FIRE ZE MISSILES! But I am le toast. Okay, take a nap...then FIRE ZE MISSILES!
- Graveyard of Drunken Souls - From the same site as Run Lil Broccoli and Pants Volcano, try this much more playable game. Graveyard of Drunken Souls is a simple beat up zombies game, but you get cool power-ups and when you kill a hundred zombies (which are red for some bizarre reason), you get a choice of three god powers. I'm not sure what they all do yet.
- Taken - by your love.
- ZoomQuilt II - This is not a game, but a work(s) of art. JIG veterans may remember the first ZoomQuilt, and this one is even bigger. Turn it up full speed for a mind-bending experience or slow it down to soak in the intricate details. There is a screensaver available if you just can't get enough. Note: This art piece contains some elements that could be deemed "mature" including some nudity and macabre imagery, though it seems fairly safe for a work environment.
Remember you can't take it with you.